Contributors

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Food Speed Paint- Sushi

So I may have deviated away from pastries tonight, but still food related. Sushi!!!

I would say that painting rice is a tedious thing to do, I had to leave that for last. It helps because the pieces are close to the foreground so they would be something I add in after applying the base colors. Some of the rice I would paint from a darker brown color and add more white and yellow. Be aware that the colors from adjacent objects would affect the color of rice in the area. This is the case near tuna and avocado. 

The depth of field from the photograph was interesting to work with. To tackle that, it was all the soft brush. So I would start with the background sushi then paint my way to the sushi closest to us. The entire scene is painted on one layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment