Contributors

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Double Speedpainting Friday!!!!

So today I'm in a pretty good mood so I decided to do two speed paintings of Albert Bierstadt's pieces. As a fan of westerns, I love the theme he depicts in his works. His lighting is phenomenal, so I decided to follow Noah Bradley's practice routine by dissecting the colors and values seen in Bierstadt's paintings.


So for each painting I spent about 20-30 minutes blocking out and perhaps another 10 minutes to touch up. Like my previous speedpaintings, I mix the colors without extracting them directly from the original paintings. They are by no means finished, but you at least get a feeling by looking at them. I really like the one with bisons, the sound of hooves and dirt being thrown in the air is vivid on my mind. Anyway, enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I am really impressed by your work Jeff... the fact you did this in 30 minutes blows my head off my shoulders. Truly, being a skilled artist means you can pump out work at a faster rate than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rob. I agree, once you understand the concepts of how to execute a painting along with the muscle memory, you can pump these out really quickly. I still think there are places where I should fix such as the length of the Buffalo's legs, it's something I should've been aware of while I had time. I guess I got really into coloring lol.

    ReplyDelete